Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Do you know the approximate legal charges for the "Transfer

Do you know the approximate legal charges for the "Transfer of Title" of a Private Road, are we looking at high hundreds or more? all information required has been fully researched. Thank you.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you please let me have a little more information please?

Who are the parties to the transfer? How much consideration are you paying?

AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The road in question is a Heritage road, ex miners Gangway made to original setts. I have the details of the owner in my house deeds and have indeed met with the heiress to the original owner (Lord Vernon) who now lives at Sudbury-Derbyshire. She has offered the road to me for £1.00 provided I cover the cost of the legal transfer. I am aware that the Land Registry will want a fee (not sure how much), but I am uncertain as to how much the cost of completing the necessary forms and paper work amounts to. I do not have unlimited funds and am looking for what is reasonable to expect. I am grateful for any information you may have. My regular solicitor has recently retired. Thank you. L.B.

Thanks for your reply.

Your Solicitor is likely to charge you £400 plus VAT (£80) to prepare the necessary Land Registry Transfer document which will need to be signed by both parties.

The Seller will also need to instruct her own Solicitor who is likely to charge £300 plus VAT (60) tooversee the transaction.

The Land Registry fee would be £40.

I hope this gives you a good idea.

Good luck.

Kind Regards

AL