13262538

If i incurred significant additional expenses whilst caring

If i incurred significant additional expenses whilst caring for my dying father over a 2.5 yr period, can I make a claim against the estate for those monies if I can substantiate them .

In addition can I make a claim against the estate for my loss of earnings as a self-employed contractor forced to take care of my father as the local child/carer ?

finally if i incur costs getting a solicitor/barrister to present my position successfully to a court, can I also get those costs back ?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but unless there was an evidenced agreement with your father that you should be paid for your care then no claim cam be made
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi claire,

so even if I was unaware of the situation at the time and my dad was too far gone to make any agreement.

Surely case law exists in this scenario ?

No I am afraid not - the simple fact is that you chose to care for your father rather than arranging for him to be cared for by others.
Unless you and your siblings agreed that you would be recompensed for doing so then it is assumed that you dis so out of love and affection