12826847

HelloI have forgotten to pay a speeding ticket and now have

I have forgotten to pay a speeding ticket and now have a date the court will hear the case. I have admitted the I was the driver and returned the form, I work out of the country on a regular basis, and just forgot all about it. I was in excess of 30 mph I think I was doing 38mph. Should I attend the hearing? do I need a solicitor? What will be the likely outcome? This seems a weak excuse / reason but its the truth

Are you pleading guilty?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes defiantly
What was your speed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was 41 mph

You don't need to attend or get a solicitor.

You are actually just into the higher speeding bracket where you are at risk of 4-6 points or a short ban and a fine. If they do sentence you in that bracket then you will get 4 points, a fine of between 75-125% of your weekly income and costs of £85 plus the victim surcharge of roughly 10% of the fine.

You actually might be lucky though and get a Bench that will just give you 3 points, a fine of £85 and the surcharge of £15 so you will be dealt with as though you had the fixed penalty anyway.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jo I am worried that my excuse is limp ! I forgot to pay because I am out of the country on business a lot of the time. Will the bench look favourable if I attend, would it help getting a letter from my employer. It's a company car that I use for my job
All of that is a non issue.

you are perfectly free to refuse to pay a fixed penalty fine. They are just police offers to deal with these things administratively. Nobody has to accept them.

They probably will accept that you just forgot to pay it although it doesnt really matter anyway.