12826847

hello, i work in argos and ive been suspended for stealing

Customer Question

hello, i work in argos and ive been suspended for stealing promotional gift cards, i was wondering if any legal action would be taken against me? would i be brought to court?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

basically when a customer spends over a certain amount of money in argos they get a free gift card worth 5 euro or 10 euro, i took 50 euro worth of these and spent it on an item i wished to purchase, i then had a meeting where i was told i was suspended while they investagate some more, i got a letter then saying to go to a dicaplinary meeting and i never went as i wasn't very optimistic about keeping the job, i got another letter today asking to go to another meeting in two days, and im wondering should i be concerned, would they take legal action against me or can they take legal action?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

basically when a customer spends a certain amount of money in argos they get a free gift card, either 5 euro or 10 euro depending on how much they spent. i stole 50 euro worth of these gift cards and used them to buy something for myself, i was wondering if argos can take me to court or would they take any further legal action against me?

They could sue you. You could resolve that easily enough by just returning their revenue though.

The real risk is that they will report this to the police though as obviously this is theft and its theft from employer which is an aggravating feature because of the breach of trust.

Obviously I will have no way of knowing the intentions of Argos. It is possible that they could. Many employers do not and it is a low sum so there is a good chance that they will not.

Can I clarify anything for you ?