31090051

How can you go about contesting ,where no will was made . My

How can you go about contesting ,where no will was made . My niece died suddenly no will .her father died 3 years ago and left everything to her not wanting his son to get anything. I have looked after since that .she and her brother did not see eye to eye .i have arranged all funeral arrangement ,s .he has now come appeared and looking for MONEY .he has been to lawyer and instructed her to work on his behalf . The lawyer knows this was not my niece,s wishes as do many many people . Lawyer says there is nothing I can do .can you help ??
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm afraid that if your niece had no will, her estate will pass according to the law of intestacy. If she has no parents left living and no husband or children then the estate will pass to her sibling, whether or not she had wanted that to happen. The law provides no remedy or alternative in the absence of a will.

I'm sorry that this is not what you want to hear but that is what the law says, I'm afraid.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.