I discovered the my ex partner had been leading more than a

I discovered the my ex partner had been leading more than a double life. To avoid his partner asking too many questions he has been telling her and others that I do sexual things for money, and things like take drugs and live in a nasty environment. He has recently said that I sat out side of his house and text him that I was watching his daughter and that she had pretty pick tails in her hair etc.
I have tracker on my car that shows when I went to knock on his door to speak to his partner to tell her the truth and stop the nasty things being said. I was on his street approx 21 seconds in which I saw a glimpse of his daughter. He has been doctoring the text messages to show this and I have the original text messages on my phone. How do I stop these nasty things being said as I have a good career and the last thing I need is all this at my door step?... Please Please help

How long has this been going on for please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I discovered his double life in Nov... I didnt discover the rumors until March then recently people have approached me in my local pub asking me to go home with them.

Im sorry i have just split hot tea on my hand and need to go to the walk in centre.

No problem.

I'm sorry if I'm missing the point but surely this is not something that is affecting you otherwise than by hearing rumours I suppose?

They are not coming to your property or workplace?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I am back from the walk in centre i have burnt the top of my hand.

I work in the construction industry and he is a welder. People that live in my are have said "i have heard about you" I only joined my place of work in January and this is worrying me.

It may be nothing to someone else but when I have worked to hard to achieve what I have on my own and his partner has said the reason I can afford my house is through what I do for money then that is also distressing.

Yes, I can see its a nasty rumour. The question is what can be done about this.

The practical reality is that they are not making contact with you directly so the police will not be interested in any harassment allegations.

I suppose you could sue for defamation. Its easy to say that and to consider that the solution but its not really accessible to most people. Its a very expensive action and its not worth suing a person that doesn't have extremely deep pockets. One option is to get a solicitor to write to him warning him of the laws of defamation and to desist commenting upon you. That does often work and a letter would probably cost about £100 plus VAT.

If it does continue then another option is to sue for harassment. There is still cost in that but its a lot cheaper than a defamation action. You would have to argue that this is indirect harassment. Sometimes that succeeds and sometimes not.

its quite unlikely that you would need to go that far though.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice