13262538

Consent order, judge dated order 2nd may, order says I pay

Customer Question

Consent order, judge dated order 2nd may, order says I pay him by consent £29,000 within 56 days of decree absolute Hereof, d. Absolute was 3rd june
, he says the date id tomorrow , I've worked it out to be 28th July, he says he is getting court order if I don't pay him by 4 pm tomorrow, help please.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

what is the exact wording of the consent order?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

By consent witth effect from decree absolute it is ordered that;

the respondent shall cause to be paid to the petitoner a lump sum of £37,750 payable b

y instalments as follows:-

a. As to £29,150 within 56 days hereof

b.as to the further sum of £8,600 on or before 07.08.2016

I am afraid I agree with your ex, it would be 56 days from 2nd May which means the last date for payment is 26th June, as he says.

The crucual wording is "As to £29,150 within 56 days hereof" which means within 56 days of 2nd May.

Hope this clarifies

My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
In fact the Order for payment could not come into effect until the date of the Decree Nisi and tome could not start running until that date.
It was badly worded as it should have made the position clear - and your ex may well have a valid reason to complain to whoever advised him - but you do indeed have until 28th July to raise the funds