12826847

Lucy has been arrested in home after being reported for drink

Lucy has been arrested in home after being reported for drink driving offence by someone in pub. She is undressed ready for bed when police arrive, her boyfried was still dressed, - she rather than her boyfriend agrees she was driving. She is arrested taken to station and breathalysed, charged spends night in cells.
She was covering for her boyfried and was in fact not driving the car, he was.

What would happen now if she admitted lying to take the "hit"

Just to clarify, she has already been charged?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes she has

has she lied to the police in interview?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes she told them she was driving

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but she is in a difficult position.

If she has lied in police interview then that is perverting the course of justice. There is case law on the point and a very similar case lead to 8 months custody on a first offence.

It is possible that they could just give her a wasting police time fine. It would be a good deal if they did but it cannot be relied upon.

They may prefer a charge of obstructing a police officer which would be another good deal.

However, you have to be realistic. This was a false admission to protect another that has been maintained for a long time.

The only reason there is any chance of anything but perverting at all is that she is female and women are treated outrageously favourably in the UK.,

On the other hand, she cannot go to court and lie as that is perjury which is even more serious.

I'm very sorry but I have to give you realistic information.