13262538

my husband lives in the marital home since i left 3 years ago.

Customer Question

my husband lives in the marital home since i left 3 years ago. he has not paid the mortgage and we are in arrears of £8000.00. we are now facing repossession, he won't move out!! what can i do???
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
how far has the divorce reached?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mortgage £170.000 Valuation £190.000-£200.000.The house has been run into the ground and needs £5000.00+ to bring it back to an acceptable standard to sell. We purchased it 4/5 years ago for £230.000!! He is also facing charges of growing cannabis with intent to supply!! Ive not started divorce proceedings as he said he will contest it!! I was going to wait for the 5 year rule. The possession date is the 21st of july at court.

Could you clear the arrears - if so do you wish to move back in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have spoken to nationwide, the mortgage provider, they would be will to stop proceedings if I payed £4000.00 off the arrears!! Which I am able to do. However, he is refusing to move out!! Is there any legal process to have him removed from the property???? Which would allow me to move back In. I have told him I will take on the rest of the arrears providing he signs the property over to me, he has so far refused. What if anything can I do through the legal process.

Just to check - how long were you living with your ex and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On and off for 13 years. No children Involved. What legal action can I take to move him out of the house????

You do have two options - but the most effective is to start divorce proceedings base don his Unreasonable Behaviour.
I know he says that he will defend then - but frankly that would be difficult if you cite what he has done with and too the property etc.
Once the divorce is underway you can apply to the court for an Order for the financial issues to be dealt with - and for an urgent order that he vacates the property so that you can stop the re-possession
None of this will be swift - but if you start immediately you should be in a position to decide whether or not to may the £4,000 prior to the hearing
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your advice. Clare

HI
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well