29905560

We have been approached by a firm of solicitors called Montero

We have been approached by a firm of solicitors called Montero and Brown in Malaga Spain saying that they are acting on behalf of the Magistrates court there to settle claims against a case proven of miselling holiday ownership with DWVC. They are requesting £800 to facilitate our claim to a refund from the courts ruling. Should we trust this approach?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have any more details on them, for example website, email address, etc?

Customer:

Afraid not. They claim to have been instructed by the magistrates court in Malaga to contact all possible claimants that are entitled to the courts settlement monies.

Customer:

Did you grt my reply?

Ben Jones :

yes thanks

Ben Jones :

Sounds highly dubious to me. This follows the classic steps of similar scams that have occurred numerous times in the past. You are cold-called and offered either a way out or some compensation for your past troubles but the key is that you are being asked to pay something in advance before they can proceed. There should be no reason why you would be paying them in advance at this stage – if they were to take the money off any court compensation then they can do so at the end, it should not result in you having to pay them now, without having received anything first.

Also I have searched for this firm and done closed-caption searches to try and locate them but they do not appear anywhere on the web, which is highly unusual for an official firm these days – at least some mention would be the norm, even if it is minor, but not a single result comes back on them. As such there is no way to verify their legitimacy and I would strongly advise you give them a wide berth.

Customer:

Hi Ben

Customer:

Hi Ben are you still there

Ben Jones :

yes did you get my reply above

Ben Jones :

are you not seeing my replied?

Ben Jones :

replies

Customer:

We have no more details.

Ben Jones :

ok did you get my main reply above?

Customer:

Yes thankyou, you just confirmed our suspicions

Customer:

Took quite a while to come through to us, so wondered if you had got our reply.

Ben Jones :

yes I did, the initial response was posted 4 mins after yours, not sure about the delay though, may be a connection issue