13262538

Does a Spouses income get taken into consideration for the

Does a Spouse's income get taken into consideration for the purposes of Child Support Allowance?
When were the CSA first involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't remember a few years ago now when my friend was working. He paid the highest band although stopped working to be a house husband. His partner works and they have been paying the higher amount despite him not working. They now no longer want to pay the higher amount as they have many commitments. So do her wages get taken into consideration for his CSA payments as a wife or girlfriend?

There are three different assessments ongoing - how old is the child and were the CSA first involved before or after 2000?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The child was born in 2000. The CSA have never been involved. At the time when the father spilt up with his wife at the time he paid £355.00 into her bank account every month which he increased to £430.00 in 2007. If the CSA were to be involved now would the girlfriend / wife's income be taken into account if he were unemployed?

Ah i see
In that case the answer is simple - no it would not - it is only the income of the biological parent that is relevant.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Even if the biological parent were married? Many thanks

That is correct - the marital status of the paying parent is not relevant