12826847

I was disqualified from driving for drunk driving in December2012,

I was disqualified from driving for drunk driving in December2012, my disqualification is now up but I have to go for a medical as I am a high risk offender, I have a letter From DVLA saying that as I was banned before 1/06/2013 I can drive whilst awaiting the results but I phoned DVLA and they tell me to check section 88 of RTA but they wont give me a definitive aswer only that its up to me, can I or cant I drive I haven't received my licence yet but DVLA say they have received my application and are processing it

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my ban ended at midnight on 24/6/14 iam currently awaiting my medical on 6/7/14 and decision from dvla am I permited to drive whilst awaiting this decision

have the DVLA revoked your licence? I
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

That is all I need to know. If you are revoked then you cannot drive. You are not on a ban but your licenses revoked. Whatever the DVLA said to you, you cannot drive whilst revoked.

I don't know why they won't give you a definitive answer. It would seem a simple enough point to me.

In principle, you are able to drive as soon as the DVLA make the decision that you are that it is best to wait for specific notification on the point so that there can be no mistake or suggestion that the fault lies with you.

I'm very sorry if this is bad news but I have to give you realistic advice. Can I clarify anything for you?