29905560

I left goods with an auctioneer to be sold. I have not received

I left goods with an auctioneer to be sold. I have not received any payment nor any correspondence that the goods have not sold. Is it a civil or criminal offence for the auction house not to pay

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

This is unlikely to be treated as a criminal offence and instead you will find that the police state it is a civil matter as this was really a contractual situation where the auctioneers have acted in breach of contract.

Ben Jones :

Therefore if you have not received the money you were due, you can pursue them further in the civil courts by making a breach of contract claim and seeking compensation to the value of the property left with them

Customer:

Can I do this through the small claims court and is this an expensive option or do I need

Customer:

a solicitor

Ben Jones :

what is the value of the goods?

Customer:

I can only estimate but it would be in the region of £200 depending

Customer:

on bidding etc

Ben Jones :

ok then yes this would be easily dealt with in the small claims court, you do not need a solicitor to take this further

Customer:

Can I do this online

Ben Jones :

you can start the claim online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk but you will eventually have to send paper documents as well

Customer:

Thank you for you help .

Ben Jones :

you are most welcome