Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I had a Egg credit card, which was taken over by Barclaycard,

I had a Egg credit card, which was taken over by Barclaycard, in 2012 I requested to know what would I get in PPI, I owed £5300 to Barclaycard, and they would owe me £4500, they would only pay me on my Egg card to 2009, I requested to know what they would owe me from them I am still awaiting there answer, I requested then to take the £4500 in 2012 to reduce my debit this never happened, I suffered prostate cancer and forgot about the claim, in 2013 I went to visit my son down south, and we went to look at a new mobile phone for me, went into O2 store , picked the phone and they took my details could not have as Barclay had put on a default notice with Experian, I believe that Barclay card owe me £8300 accordingly this came from there rep, they have refused to remove the default, and have never answered any correspondence, what should I do next this is getting me down I am 70 years old, two heart attacks and prostate cancer, I have a lot of paperwork which has been sent to them, regards ***** *****
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Alex Hughes :

If your complaint to Barclaycard has been rejected you must now complain to the Financial Ombudsman -http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm. And in relation to the default registered incorrectly you should complain to the Information Commissioner - www.ico.gov.uk. Both are free, independent organisations set up by the government to investigate and deal with complaints against financial institutions and complaints about data protection. They have power to set the record straight, order Barclaycard to pay compensation and remove the default.

Customer:

What should I do next and what about the default

Alex Hughes :

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi *****

many thanks for your answer, regarding Barclaycard, I have still not had any correspondence from them, I have sent all my paperwork to the Bank Ombudsman and the commissioners in Knutsford, You say that I can claim compensation from Barclaycard, which is the best way that I can do this as between phone calls, letters etc this has taken many hours and recorded post to each company and other parties.

The default is still on my Experian file.

Regards ***** *****

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
I am happy to discuss further but have noticed that previous answer hasn't been rated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes

Many thanks for your good reply's, do I now have to wait for the bank ombudsman or the commissioners to act against Barclaycard, I need to know about claiming compensation against Barclaycard do I go to a solicitor as they will take a cut out of it, you have been very helpful in your answers as this could have cost me a fortune and I now find it hard to live

Regards ***** *****

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Hi Adrian.

The rating system works by you clicking on a smiley face which will appear at your end. Please review. I will be happy to deal with the additional issues this evening.