75100385

I was denied repayment of Mums care home fees, went through

I was denied repayment of Mum's care home fees, went through the whole process of applying, attending the so called "independent" panel review and ultimately was denied, so the representative of "ObtainmyRefund" (no win, no fee) said the next move was to apply to the Ombudsman - which would cost us £2500! Needless to say I could not afford this and have not been able to take this further. Is there any way I can proceed on my own, which quite truthfully I don't think I could or, is there a professional who could help me?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would very much like to wait, it took nearly three years to get to the independent review last October so I am prepared to wait. Thank you

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

How much are you seeking please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

£60,000 approx

Have you applied to the Ombudsman yourself please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I don't know how but more importantly, I can't afford the £2500 fee! As I informed originally, the no win no fee company I originally contacted over 3 years ago and which took this matter all the way to the Independent Review last October, informed me that because we were denied the refund, the next step was to, apply to the ombudsman but he required £2500 from me, I informed him that I could not afford this amount, I thought it was a no win no fee and that this fee had not been mentioned anywhere in the paperwork I had, and had I been informed from the outset I may have put a little aside each month to cover this fee.

The Ombudsman offers a free service.

You should do this first.their website is www.lgo.org.uk

Don't go through a third party,go direct. There is no charge.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/