75100385

Public liability. I teach Scuba diving and as such I have to

Public liability. I teach Scuba diving and as such I have to have public liability insurance. It is stated that when I give up teaching I have to maintain the public liability for 7 years to cover claims from that time period. My contention is that the insurer at the time of the incident should be responsible not my current insurer

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : It depends on the type of insurance you have.
Alex Watts : PADI recommended Insurance you should keep for a period of years after.
Alex Watts : But if you have Divemaster Insurance it has a sunset clause - this means it covers you for the period you had the cover even when y stop teaching.
Alex Watts : Therefore you should check to see whether it has a sunset clause.
Alex Watts : If it does not you need to keep cover for a period of years.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

That may have opened a can of worms. If get them to include a sunset clause would that only cover the years that include the clause. Or as I have used the same insurer contiguously could I get them to cover the previous years.

Alex Watts : Yes that would only include the period insured with the current insurer.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
Customer:

Yes thank you