12826847

I have a county court judgement against someone who admitted

Customer Question

I have a county court judgement against someone who admitted debt etc.
The court determined that I should be paid £1570.00 by instalments of £74.76 per month.
The defendant has now decided that he wont pay me and told me to do whatever it is I have to!
I believe I can pay yet more money to request a warrant but I'm not convinced the person (who lives with his mum) can pay me.
can I request debt id deducted at source or how can I get my money?
any help would be gratefully received
thank you
shaun crosby

Is he working?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes as a carer in a local nursing home I believe

This is obviously about enforcement of your CCJ and I won't pretend that that is as easy as getting the original judgement.

If this is a person in work then you can always apply for an attachment to his earnings so that the sun is deducted automatically. This sum would seem suitable and then the matter would be taken out of his hands.

Of course, the difficulty with that is that he may just give up work. People do that sometimes. If he does then you will have to look at other options but that hasn't happened so far and this is probably the safest method of getting the money.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Jo,

Guess this isn't going to be easy sadly and very annoying people can get away with things like this!

Do i apply for the attachment when filling in the request for warrant (N323)?

Shaun

They get away with it because creditors just give up and get on with their business!

Form N337 here

http://www.daviessolicitors.co.uk/forms_davies/Civil%20Disputes/Request%20for%20attachment%20of%20earnings%20order.pdf
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will the court demand the address details of his employer as he won't tell me?

not necessarily the address but at they will need the details of his employer

The court can always order that he attends court to give this information.