UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

my staff have created a petition to ask for sacking of valuable

Customer Question

my staff have created a petition to ask for sacking of valuable member of staff following incident where we have taken appropriate action. is this legal, should I now discipline petition members for harassment?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I do not know the history of your case or the contents of the petition, but If the actions of the petition members constitute bullying or harassment, then you as the employer have a duty to stop this bullying or harrassment and discipline the people doing this.

This guide will help you understand the process better:

http://www.acas.org.uk/media/pdf/l/r/Bullying_and_harassment_employer_2010-accessible-version-July-2011.pdf

Hope this helps