75100385

I received legal advices in a Hospital setting a few years

I received legal advices in a Hospital setting a few years back.

I was misdiagnosed.

The Solicitor was not hired by me.

They were the Solicitor of a medical practitioner.

I was misled and misadvised against my best interests.

No solicitor should of been present in such a setting or involved in my care.

This meeting has been denied by the medical professionals involved but when I asked directly for an answer or to declare that such a meeting never took place in writing I received no response, in speech and was refused an answer in writing.

Does the Solicitor have to legally declare in writing that such a meeting took place if requested?

Even if it affects their own interests, or those of the medical practitioner or service provider they represented and were brought into the setting by?

If so the duty of care was badly breached.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

When did this happen please?

Customer:

Within the last five years

Customer:

I'm sorry I can't give a rating for your answer as I can't see any additional information

Customer:

Please advise, thank you

Alex Watts : Please don't rate yet as I need more information.
Alex Watts : So it has been at least outside 3 years?
Customer:

Yes it has been, is there a specific time frame where by a Solicitor could avoid having to declare such a meeting?

Customer:

Does a Solicitor have to declare in writing that such a meeting place in such a setting, in writing?

Customer:

*that such a meeting took place, in such a setting

Customer:

Please advise

Alex Watts : Did you complain to the regulator please?
Customer:

I am asking, does a Solicitor have to declare by law, that they met and gave legal advices to myself within a hospital setting? What regulator? Is this a scam website. Please answer my question.

Customer:

Please answer my question, otherwise I will have to report this. Thank you

Customer:

Hello, I received an email asking me for feedback regarding your answer, but I didn't receive an answer, only questions. Will I receive an answer? My account has been charged for this and with no offence I am wary this could be a scam of some sort due to the lack of answer. Thank you

Alex Watts : Sorry for the delay, I have come back from New York and a little jet lagged.
Alex Watts : Was the Solicitor acting for you or a third party please?
Customer:

You're ok. The Solicitor was there to provide me legal advices but was brought in by a third party. They were possibly the Solicitor of that third party. They were not my Solicitor. The legal advices I received were not in my best interest. Please advise. Do they have to declare such a meeting?

Alex Watts : Did you act upon any of that advice given?
Alex Watts : Did you sign any terms?
Customer:

No and no, does it have to be declared? Please and thank you.

Alex Watts :

Is the Solicitor denying that they ever met you please?

Customer:

They won't formally declare it. Does it have to be declared in writing regardless of self or third party interest?

Alex Watts : No.
Alex Watts : Only if you instructed them and they advised you, would it have to be declared.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

They were brought in to advise me, legal advices were given, letters were to be prepared, but I was ill and something didn't seem right.

Customer:

Are you positive such a meeting and advices would not have to be declared in the interests of transparency? Thank you

Alex Watts : If you did not instruct them and they are not acting for you, then no.
Alex Watts : Does that claiify the position for you?
Customer:

Yes, thank you for your time.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience