75100385

Hi - Can l be held responsible for paying any medical expenses

Hi - Can l be held responsible for paying any medical expenses that my civil partner could incur through lack of adequate travel insurance? We are traveling from the UK to the US, South Pacific and Australia and due to some unexpected health problems he has had 5 short hospital stays over a 3-month period making disclosing his health issues for insurance purposes prohibitive. He has now decided that he will not disclose and just buy ‘basic’ insurance to cover the cost of any unforeseen events which concerns me. l am more financially secure than him and although l have no reason to believe that he will not be fine l am worried that l could be held liable for any costs incurred in the event problems. We manage our own finances and have no joint savings - Thanks

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You wont in any way be held liable if your partner has a problem

Alex Watts :

Your partner has a contract with the insurance company based on the declaration

Alex Watts :

If that turns out to be false it would be your partner who would have to pay the medical expenses and not you

Alex Watts :

So you would not in any way be liable

Alex Watts :