12826847

1. When counting the number of days after a conviction in which

1. When counting the number of days after a conviction in which you can appeal. Is it within 28 days or 28 working days. ?
2. For someone who has been convicted but awaiting sentencing which has been deferred until 3 and a half weeks later when do you start counting the days, to know the deadline for an appeal ? Is it still from the day the jury made their decision or from the day of the sentencing?
Please note that in all my questions the appeal referred to is a conviction appeal not a sentence appeal.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure of the specific detail you would need to answer the questions. I wonder if further detail is necessary. I would need to go offline soon because I need to attend a meeting.
The person involved is on remand and we need to know if the appeal most go in ASAP or can we wait until after the sentencing.
The appeal is about the conviction.
If all you want is the information above then

1 28 days. Not working days. 28 days.

2 Time runs from the date of sentence.

Sometimes they will allow an appeal out of time if the point is a good one.