12826847

I had a tenancy agreement that has run out, I still live in

I had a tenancy agreement that has run out, I still live in the house and pay rent. The landlord has my bond. I need to leave ASAP and the rent is due again on the 1st July. Can I just leave? Can I get my bond back?

You cannot just leave I'm afraid. You do have to give notice. You are on a periodic tenancy agrement now. Actually you should give two months notice but one month will probably be acceptable.

If you do give one months notice and there are no arrears or damage then you will get your bond back.

If you go without one months notice then the landlord probably will be able to keep the bond to cover that period of notice.