Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

If you make a will and then you make a second will with another

If you make a will and then you make a second will with another company then is the first will still valid
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I am pleased to say that once you have executed a Will, any Will you have made previously automatically becomes revoked, and therefore your second Will is now valid and your first Will is not.

You should therefore contact the Company who prepared your first Will, if they are holding the original, and explain that you have made a new Will and they will then send it to you, and you should physically destroy it, so there is no possible dispute if for whatever reason your next of kin do not realise that you have made your "second Will".

I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards
AL