UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Good day , I had my sister sign an agreement at my our mothers

Good day , I had my sister sign an agreement at my our mothers death bed , witnessed by the Head Doctor caring to her to obligate to the facts about ownership of the house and how she transferred the house to her name whilst I reside abroad and the facts that she
done without my mother knowing or advising me or my brother, as my mother doesn't read or write or understand any legalities, the house was put in Mothers name by my father upon there divorce. I also included that she transferred illegally and must give me 50% percent upon signature, and acknowledge her actions. My Question is what should I do whilst I only have this 1 page signature from her should I have a lawyer write to her demanding another legal paper or confession, she ( sister ) suffers from OCD in a extreme matter and now become a Narcissist and impossible to talk to, what should I do ?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

So that I can answer you fully, could you please give me a little more information on the circumstances how your sister got your Mother to transfer the property to her? Was this done through a Solicitor?

Are you saying that your Mother never knew that she had transferred the property to your sister?

When was the Transfer done?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
AL

Hi Nicolas,

If you could let me have your answers to my above post, I can gladly assist you.

AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Aston Lawyer, I've got to go out for a while could you pls get that answer and I'll get back to you, on Email also pls, Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

No worries. However, I do need you to answer my first questions, so I can answer you fully.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Aston, fWhat is the question s

I'm not able to see any other than 1-3

I already answered pls see

Thanks,

Nicolas

When was the Transfer done?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No solicitor

80's

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply.

As your sister has signed this agreement, you should certainly instruct a local Solicitor to contact her as regards ***** ***** she transfers 50% of the property to you.

On its own, the agreement is not sufficient on its own to transfer 50% of the property to you;- your Solicitor will need to prepare a Land Registry Transfer document which your sister will need to sign.

If she transferred the property without your Mother's knowledge, she is guilty of fraud which is a criminal offence. No doubt your Solicitor can advise her of this fact.

Alternatively, you can speak to her, inform her you have taken legal advice, and get her confirmation that she will sign the Land Registry Transfer document, before you then go and instruct a Solicitor to deal with the formalities.

I hope this assists you and sets out the legal position to you.

Kind Regards
AL

Hi Nicolas,

Can I be of any further assistance to you.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For Aston Lawyer, As I've explained I need to know if this signed paper done at my mothers bedside & witnessed is of NO VALUE ???

As I can't talk to her , I have no Solicitor . I need a letter sent to her ?

As for being a crime in the 80's is it still something that become in a court of criminal Law ??

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it would be advisable for you to appoint a solicitor to write to your sister and refer to the letter which your sister signed and get her to transfer 50% of the property to you if that is what your mother wished should happen.

You need evidence to show that your mother intended you to have 50% of the property e.g. Her Will.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Aston Lawyer, Hi, Al, yes I understand I need a Solicitor, I'm on my ill bed,

with serious medical health issues, so I don't have a solicitor, my mother never had a will & my sister was allowed to care for her exclusively, as she has no family or kids or husband, why can I not go to police station and report if its a criminal act, and she has made no will either , part of her Narcissist, is there nothing I can do without any fear my signed paper will not be recognised if she dies, so, she has no will, she dies , what does my paper mean towards my ownership rights, Pls help tell me, Nicolas

I am sorry but the police will not be interested as this is a civil matter unless you can show them evidence that your sister committed fraud.

If your mother never made a Will, you will need to go to court to get an order in your favour for the 50%, if your sister refuses to transfer this to you.

I am afraid this is an online forum, not a law firm where we can act for clients. You really need to see a face to face solicitor to take your case on.

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Aston Lawyer, Hi Al, I'm very confused by the controversial remarks as to one time this is Criminal & next that the police would not be interested because its civil, please look at your comments ( answers ),

Thanks,

Nicolas

You may raise the matter with the police and see what they have to say.

In my opinion, they will not be interested if there is no proof of any fraud.