12826847

I sent my older sister a stroppy letter as she had been calling

Customer Question

I sent my older sister a stroppy letter as she had been calling me rotten to my son which really upset him ( choice language etc was used) and others at my nieces wedding
We haven't really got on for years but she has now told my parents she is seeing a soliscitor next week over the letter I sent her
Can she sue me or what's the worse she can do

What type of thing did you say?

Is she one for making vexatious allegations? Has she done it before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a copy of letter if I could email to you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please don't waste your time worrying about this. That letter is just an act of remonstration with her.

Its a one off letter so not enough for harassment. It doesn't amount to a communication offence.

Its very easy to make threats to take legal action and a lot harder to do it especially when you cannot for free. A solicitor will tell her she has no complaint and then she will probably have another tantrum and make some complaint about him too!

Some people just like the attention of being a victim.

That letter gives rise to no complaint. Please don't worry.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Try not to avoid any contact with her in future. We all have family rows. We don't all get the police and solicitors involved in them.

You will find a very interesting article upon people like her here

http://www.1itl.com/news/270/

and you don't want anything to do with it.

its people like that who 'remember' that they have been abused 40 years ago. Surround yourself with sensible people.