Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law

Hi, I am from Hong Kong. I have received a email from BE2.

Customer Question

Hi, I am from Hong Kong. I have received a email from BE2. Details as below:

Dear Be2 user,

We are writing to inform you that we legally represent the company be2 S.à.r.l., 291 Route d'Arlon,
LU-1150 Luxembourg. Our client operates the well-known premium dating platform Be2.

You registered on the Be2 Website and booked a paid premium membership. You registered using
your e-mail address *****@******.***, which you counter-confirmed. When you registered,
your personal details such as the user name "smallma2000" and the bank details you communicated
were likewise stored. The IP address of your PC you used to make the booking was also recorded and
stored for legal purposes.

Unfortunately you have not paid the membership fee due.

As, regrettably, you did not respond to be2 S.à.r.l.'s reminder, our client has had to instruct our law
firm to claim the receivable due, and if necessary collect it.

We must therefore ask you to transfer the outstanding receivable amounting to EUR 154,43, which
includes the fees and interest, in the next few days albeit by not later than

We request that you comply strictly with this term of payment to avoid any further inconvenience.
Should you be unable or only partly able to pay on time, you can propose a binding payment by
instalments to us within the time limit stipulated. In such a case we expect a concrete offer to pay
appropriate monthly instalments quoting payment dates.

Here is a summary of the details you require for the transfer:

Account holder: Auer Witte Thiel
Bank: Postbank (Giro)
IBAN :DE76 7001 0080 0005 2018 07
Amount: EUR 154,43
Subject: ***********

If you are interested in this kind of payment please click the button below

In case the link should not work due to a setting of your computer, please open the attachment Part_2.html

Please note that if the time limit were to lapse to no avail we would be forced to instruct a law firm
on the spot to further process and pursue before the courts the claim against you, which would
entail inconvenience and further costs for you.

We hope that the matter will not have to go that far and that you comply with the stipulated time

Yours sincerely,

It is impossible for me to pay EUR 154,43 even in installment. I only can pay those
unpaid fee. Can you give me any suggestion?

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Do you agree that you owe the money they have requested?

Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had contacted with them in June. And they provide me another ,method to pay the fee which I unpaid before. I really plan to pay it in July. But before I do this, I received their email. It makes me very scare. I don't know what can I do

Hi again,

There has been a lot of bad press concerning BE2. I have been looking into it for you and it appears they have been claiming unauthorised payments from customers.

It appears many people have received similar emails to the one you have received and it is a scam.

This is an extract from a legal website I have visited-

Firstly - B2's business model is built upon deceptive and dishonest business practises which are highly illegal in nearly all modern western countries (UK, Canada, Australia etc). Consumer legislation in such countries prohibit deceptive or confusing practises where consumers are unaware that they are signing up to a permanent subscription for a product. It is impossible for B2 to achieve a successful prosecution for debt collection in such countries as any sales contract is immediately rendered null and void by B2's deceptive business practises which can easily be demonstrated to be illegal in court.
B2 do not operate local offices is any of these countries as they would immediately be prosecuted for breaches of consumer law by the relevant local authorities and they would also face legal action from disgruntled customers seeking refunds - there is the reason they operate out of Luxemburg.
The successful operation of their deceptive and illegal business model totally depends upon successfully bullying and intimidating customers into paying monies that they do not legally owe to Be2.
If you have been caught by this scam your actions should be as follows:
1. Immediately cancel the credit card you used to make initial payment to B2.
2. Do not respond in any way to B2's demands for payment - they are nothing but a bluff from a business operating illegally.
3. If your credit card was docked without your consent then do what you can with your bank or credit card issuer to have the payment reversed.
4. Do not respond to any emails from B2 or supposed solicitors demanding payment - set your email program to block and bounce any such emails.
5. Forget about B2 and get on with life - you wont be receiving any summons from a bailiff.

I therefore suggest that you ignore any more threatening emails you receive and please please do not worry!

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards

Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That means that they would not take any legal action to me , such as deal with me in court .

Is it better for me to ignore all email from BE2 and those Solicitor letter?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have searched in google and find out that the Auer Witte Thiel is real . I really scare that they would put this matter to court in Hong Kong

I am sorry for the delay. Although Auer Witte Thiel are real, please be rest assured that they certainly won't take you to Court.

If you google "BE2 scam" you will find that these sorts of letters have been written to many people and you should just ignore it!

Kind Regards