75100385

Hello Alex, Can i ask a question from you now

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

Alex Hughes :

What would you like to know?

Customer:

Hi, I am a lessee and I intend to an injunction against my landlord for an action that we oppose and we do no think it is beneficial to us financially and otherwise. It is about repairing our windows externally which we say they are old and they should be replaced as the cost would be more or less the same. analyzing my lease I am convinced we both ahve argument but our argument is stronger.

Customer:

I have been told before to go for injunction I need to file two forms. NI and N16a

Customer:

Right?

Alex Hughes :

Sorry. I noticed that you've asked for my colleague so I'm going to opt out so she can help.

Customer:

whoever really. I asked your colleague Alex because she had previously dealt with this. But you knew that before enterign the chat. Right?

Customer:

Can Alex Watts please answer.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

There are 3 Alex's on here so it can be confusing!

How can I help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I actually posted my question under your profile, never mind.

I am a lessee and I intend to an injunction against my landlord for an action that we oppose and we do no think it is beneficial to us financially and otherwise. It is about repairing our windows externally which we say they are old and they should be replaced as the cost would be more or less the same. analyzing my lease I am convinced we both ahve argument but our argument is stronger.

You have previously told me for injunction I need to file two forms. NI and N16a

Form N1 is for small claim form. I am trying to stop an action. Do I need to still fill this form too.
N1 is not just for a small claim. It is a claim form for any proceedings.

If there are no proceedings form N1 is to start a claim.

N16a and N1 is what you need.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Alex

1- Do I then put the cost of the work that they are proposing in the N1 as it asks for how much is my claim.? or the cost for my time only?

2- what do I put as "the preferred court for hearing"?

Which one of these I tick in form N16a

a)By application in pending proceedings
b)Under Statutory provision
c)This application is made under Part 8 of the Civil Procedure Rules

And to where it states "Must":

And where it states "The Defendant be forbidden (whether by himself or by instructing or encouraging or permitting any other person)"

And where it states "And that".

Also in my letter to the Landlord before starting the proceedings, should I state all my reasons for proceedings that I am putting in my proceeding's statement?

1. No, costs are dealt win at the end.

2. Leave the court blank

3. Pending proceedings

Yes you put the reasons in the statement.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could you please clarify below in form N16A :

1- where the form states "Must", what do I write?

2- Where it states "The Defendant be forbidden (whether by himself or by instructing or encouraging or permitting any other person)", what do I write?

3- Where it states "And that", what do i write?

Must - don't put anything

Forbidden - that is what you want them to stop doing - so whatever you want to stop put it here.

And that - don't worry about that

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for your helpful responses.

Happy to help.

Please do remember to rate my answer before you go so that I am credited for my time.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience