12826847

My Peugeot was recalled by garage to have new engine fitted

My Peugeot was recalled by garage to have new engine fitted because of crankshaft problem. Picked car up on Thursday but on Saturday front wheels collapsed because bottom ball joints were not tightened. Lost the drivers side bolt and passenger side dangerously loose. Broke down unable to move it in the middle of the road and waited nearly 2 hours for recovery. My 60 year old mother and 9 month old nephew were in car. Have to ring garage tomorrow because not open over weekend what can I do and where do I stand legally?

I'm not sure what you were hoping to do?

Obviously they should put this right.

Clearly they were negligent. You cannot compensation for exposing you to risk though. You only get compensation in the UK for your actual loss and thankfully nobody was hurt here.

Similarly you cannot claim for inconvenience so if you went to court you would not get compensation for the two hour wait. In any event, that seems to have been caused by the breakdown company rather than the garage?

They will probably offer something in the interests of good business. Given their negligence they will want to reduce the negative publicity.