Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Alex Hughes. Many thanks for your answer,

Alex Hughes.
Many thanks for your answer, I have sent it to the Bank ombudsman and the commissioners office , I have spend endless days trying to get Barclaycard to clear of the default off my Experian file but they are still adamant that it should stay on as the money that they owe me is reference to my EGG card and the outstanding money that I owe them is to Barclaycard ? that default is still there, if this is incorrect how do I claim any damages from them. £5300 I owe them, they owe me £8300
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

Alex Hughes :

Isn't this a duplicate of a question you've already asked? Please stick to the other thread otherwise we'll both end up getting confused!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alex how do I go to get to claim damages from Barclaycard do I go direct to a solicitor or is there any other way to do this, as I would have to pay them a fee.

To Alex Hughes

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Its not essential to have a solicitor.

But it would help you prepare your claim properly. A solicitor will charge a fee. I'd be surprised if this is less than £100 per hour.

If you win the case you may not get your solicitors fees back. This is a 'small claim' and as such the court will not usually award legal costs even if you win.

So if you have a solicitor and win any money you receive may go towards the solicitors costs and you may end up with little or nothing.

You can deal with the matter yourself. This will save costs but, of course, the disadvantage is that you do not know the law and procedure.

I suggest you wait for a decision from the Ombudsman and Information Commissioner before deciding what to do next.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes many thanks.

Regards Adrian Jones

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
No proble. Good luck with this.