31090051

i mistakenly opened somebody elses pay slip i have apologised

i mistakenly opened somebody elses pay slip i have apologised and they have accepted this now my employers have charged me with doing it deliberatly with the intent to cause disruption this isnt true it was an error but they are making my life miserable please help
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Unless there is any reasonable belief in the mind of the employer that you did this deliberately then they shouldn't be behaving in this way. From what you say your work colleagues are behind you. You're remedy here may be to raise a formal grievance against those who are making the accusations and provide statements from those who are in support of you.

Happy to discuss further. Your employers should have a formal grievance procedure that you can invoke.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you this is the third occasion in 15 months the hr have charged me with issues having previously worked for 6 years plus with the company and no complaints she has been in the hr job for approximately a similar period i apologised by text and the recipetent was asked to hand over the messages to her

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it reasonable for hr to read a private message. on my charge sheet it has been signed by the operations manager who it transpires signed this not having read any case notes also two other members of staff on the same shift have not even been interviewed please help my hearing is tomorrow

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You can raise the issue of the private message in your favour as from what you say it was an apology for accidentally opening the payslip and would indicate that you didn't do it deliberately. In addition if they don't interview the relevant staff members then they won't be carrying out a proper investigation. It appears you have these issues in your go favour and you should raise them.