12826847

I had some flooring fitted on Wednesday last week, I paid in

I had some flooring fitted on Wednesday last week, I paid in full but on Saturday I noticed a fault in some of the flooring pieces. The pattern seems to have missed in one or two places. Obviously when it was manufactured. I contacted the retailer who said he would have to contact the manufacturer. Surely it is up to the retailer to remedy it?

June w

How much did you pay for this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I paid £600 for the flooring and £200 for fitting.

You are absolutely right. This may well be a fault with the manufacturers. That does not mean the store are not liable to you under the Sale of Goods Act. If they want to pursue the claim against the manufacturers then that is a matter for them.

The fact that you do have a claim against the manufacturer does not mean you cannot claim against the retailer.

The fault does need to be more than trivial obviously to bring it under the SGA but if this is a serious fault then you have a claim.