UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I sell plant and machinery, I have on my invoices Sold as is,

I sell plant and machinery, I have on my invoices Sold as is, Where is, no warranty implied or given, I have a customer who has just emailed me saying the machine he bought 10 weeks ago has a problem and he has not used it so he want his money back, £14000, where do go with this, he has obviously been using it but what are my rights
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), your plant and machinery must be fit for purpose, as described and of satisfactory qualify.

You cannot contract out of these obligations.

You may try and establish what the problem is and see if it can be rectified. The customer does not need to prove that the problem was there when they bought the machine as 6 months have not yet passed from the time they bought it.

You may repair the machine at your cost if it can be repaired or you may refund their money and take the machine back.

Hope this helps