UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I damaged the northern power grid apparatus on my house we

Customer Question

I damaged the northern power grid apparatus on my house we cannot agree on a settlement figure as the operatives lied about there hours the company has reduced the bill from £1300 to £692 but the hours claimed are still not accurate who can I get in touch with to settle the matter,I accept responsibility and have offered to pay for 4hours work but they are still wanting 11.5 hours when in fact it only took approx 3.5 hours
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You should not pay anything until the issue is sorted out, or you should only pay for the 4 hours which you agree to pay for.

You may raise a formal complaint with the company and tell them that what their operatives are trying to do is fraudulent by grossly inflating the time spent fixing the problem and that the matter will be reported to the police if they do not accept the 4 hour period.

Complaints procedure here

http://www.northernpowergrid.com/page/contact/complaints.cfm

May I help further?