29905560

I have taken voluntary redundancy my final letter says I finish

Customer Question

I have taken voluntary redundancy my final letter says I finish on 30th June 2014, as I work shift work, my last shift go's into 1st July. Do I have to work the last 7 hours. Would I be insured to operate machinery after midnight.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. You would still be expected to work the full shift, unless the employer agrees to release you early. Whether you are insured for that period would depend on the insurance -policy and the wording in there but generally you should still continue being covered until your shift terminates, even if it technically started on the day before. To cover yourself you may request that the employer re-issues your termination letter to specify that it is either after the end of the duties starting on 30 Jun, or that it will end on 1 Jul

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks