UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Having apparently booked and paid for a flight over the telephone

Having apparently booked and paid for a flight over the telephone with Flight Centre, I received the following email:
*****@******.***

May 13

to me
Hello Andrew,

Thank you for booking with Flight Centre.

To continue with your booking you have until 16:00, 13 May 2014, to click on the link below to view and approve your booking details. Ensure that all details are correct and you accept the Terms and Conditions.

Once I have received your response I will contact you to proceed to the next step of your booking.

Click here

Thank you again for booking with Flight Centre.

Jane Kiff
FCB Croydon 1
FLIGHT CENTRE

Owing to a failure with my internet connection I was unable to respond within the stipulated time and concluded that this negated my booking. I booked another flight with a different provider and was surprised to receive tickets from Flight Centre on 15/5 so I called to ask them to cancel and refund my money and was told that it was non-refundable. Further communication with their Customer Relations department reiterated this view. Since I can see no other natural interpretation of the email above I presume I have a case, do you agree? If so, should I pursue it through mediation or the Small Claims Court?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I agree you have a case as you never continued with your booking and never accepted their terms and conditions.

If they fail to refund you, you may file a court claim online against them at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
You may add the court fee to your claim as well as interest at court rates.

May I help further?