75100385

Hello, I had a motorbike accident around three years ago

I had a motorbike accident around three years ago involving another vehicle but the was no collision, at the time I dealt with what I thought was the driver of the other vehicle, as I continued to make an insurance claim against the drive and vehicle the third party claimed that someone else was driving. I continued with the claim against the person who I thought was driving. I was recently advised by my appointed solicitor that the counsellor said that the case was under 50% in my favour and that the solicitors and insurance would no longer stand by me for free and was advised to drop it all, which I did.

Recently I received a letter from the accused suing me for wasting time and damaging reputation for a sum of around £2500

Where do I stand with this? And can this actually be done??

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Was this from their Solicitor or the driver personally?

JACUSTOMER-rn8b264m- : I am not sure, it was my insurance company that ca
JACUSTOMER-rn8b264m- : called me to inform me of what was going on
JACUSTOMER-rn8b264m- : I think maybe from his solicitor by the sound of things
Alex Watts : I doubt it.
Alex Watts : Anyone is entitled to make a claim against anyone else.
Alex Watts : They can't sue for wasting time or loss of reputation.
Alex Watts : If there was no court hearing and finding against anyone, how can there be loss of reputation .
Alex Watts : I would not be concerned with this,
Alex Watts : You were mistaken, you did not do this with any maliicious intent.
Alex Watts : People make claims all the time,
Alex Watts : Therefore there is no claim and any claim would fail.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: That's all for now thank you very much