75100385

I went on holiday with Shearings Holidays in May but I discovered

Customer Question

I went on holiday with Shearings Holidays in May but I discovered that the mattress was covered in urine stains and it was supported by a piece of chipboard. I complained to reception who were not helpful and said they did not wish to to disturb me during my stay as far as changing it. The staff were not pleasant and the food was just about acceptable.
I understand I may have a claim under the Services part of the the Sale of Goods Act for them not taking due care of me? Can you confirm this might be so?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

How much do you want to claim please?

JACUSTOMER-j59r3fp5- :

Whatever you feel is reasonable. Original cost was £235 which works out at nearly £60 a night including ferry to the Isle of Wight.

Alex Watts :

Did you suffer any loss at all?