31090051

neighbour refuses to dispose of grass cuttings and has left

neighbour refuses to dispose of grass cuttings and has left them in bags as close to neighbour as he can get some have been there for over 5 weeks problem with flies and neighbour unable to open windows due to flies
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

If the council won't act, and I consider that it is within their power to serve an Enforcement Notice on environmental health grounds, then your other option is to take the neighbour to court on the ground of common law nuisance and, subject to what the title says, breach of title conditions. An interdict can be sought preventing future behaviour like this as well as an order ordaining the neighbour to remove what he has already left there.

The costs of this would be sought against the neighbour but you would have to pay your solicitor in the first instance. An action like this could cost several hundred pounds to start off.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.