29905560

We booked our daughters wedding venue inFeb 2013 and were given

We booked our daughters wedding venue inFeb 2013 and were given an allocation of 10 rooms in the hotel, which have been booked and the bookings confirmed for the friday before the wedding and Saturday, the day of the wedding. In May 2013 the hotel booked in a wedding on the friday with the venue exclusive. Throughout our correspondence with the venue there has been no mention of the other wedding until yesterday when we discovered that the hotel were contacting our guests (grooms family, brides family) telling them that they had no accommodation and offering them an overnight stay in a Premier lodge and the saturday in the venue. Our rooms were booked and confirmed, the allocation was given to us before the other wedding. We are insisting we keep the rooms and the hotel keeps saying the 2nd booking was for an exclusive wedding. Our room booking were made fro Christmas 2013 to May 2014. Where do we stand?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Were there any contractual terms and conditions which allowed them to cancel your bookings if necessary?

Customer:

Quote: the hotel accepts no resposibility or liability(other thwn for personal injury or death resulting from the Hotels negligence) for any loss damage of any nature, arising form any breach of contract, any negligence or breach of any duty arising out of the performance, purported performance or failure to perform the contract?

Customer:

The hotel reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith without liability on its part in the event of damage or destruction of the hired premises by fire or other cause, any shortages of labour or food supplies, strikes lock outsor industrial action or any other cause beyond the control of the hotel which shall prevent it from performing its obligations in connection with the booking. Does that include double booking!

Ben Jones :

No, I cannot see anything in there which would cover double booking of rooms or the venue, or to have any preference over whether the booking was exclusive or not. Therefore, the venue can be accused of being in breach of contract because they have now made the booking a lot more difficult to manage, sending people to alternative venues which are not on site and making up for the overall disappointment on the day. So it is possible to raise this matter with them, remind them of their contractual obligations and request that arrangements are now made for the reinstatement of the rooms. If you cannot persuade them to do so you could be looking for damages for any losses incurred and also for disappointment on the day if the wedding has been marred by this

Customer:

Thankyou.

Ben Jones :

you are welcome

Customer:

I am trying to leave a rating but the system is telling me that "the expert has not finished answering", are you looking into further legal proceedings? ;)

Customer:

Sorry, kept checking the computer to see if you had replied. I couldn't leave my rating as the system wouldn't let me.

Customer:

I have just checked my emails and £36 has been deducted, so to make sure you receive your fee, my rating for the service was good, Thankyou once again.

Ben Jones :

Sorry that is a bug in the system, your rating is noted and thank you very much

Customer:

Dear Mr. Jones, just to let you know the present situation. The hotel have now, after great distress honoured the contract. they have offered us complimentary Pressecco and chocolates in each room. I am asking that they also give a 50% reduction for the Saturday night room for the Bestman ( which they offered to the guests they were moving) as he booked the Premier Inn,where they were moving our guests to, and it was a non refundable deposit, the Groom gets his room free the night before the Wedding as it was his family mostly they were moving and a bottle of Champagne in the Bidal Suite for the Wedding night, as I feel that the upset to the guests has been recognised but not the Bride and Groom, who feel, as you would expect, very upset and betrayed by this whole fiasco. As the mother of the bride, I am exhausted and upset by what we have been put through and the arguments I have had, but want nothing for me.

Customer:

Has my rating been received or do I need to submit through your system?

Ben Jones :

Hello, thanks for the update and I am glad to hear this has been resolved - hopefully they have done enough to allow you to enjoy the day. I don't think the rating has come through but you can try any time, thank you

Customer:

Dear Mr. Jones,

Customer:

Dear Mr. Jones, thankyou for all your help. Everything has now been resolved and once we knew that the hotel would honour its contract we accepted the gesture of goodwill and decided that all we wanted, as the brides parents, was a bottle of champagne in the bridal suite. We had always been happy with everything up to the Monday and wanted to return to that feeling. I hope you get my rating. Please let me know if you don't receive it. Best Wishes.

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'