75100385

Hi Hope you are able to help me We bought tiles from Tile

Hope you are able to help me
We bought tiles from Tile King and on the invoice he has noted no return tiles , hence all the Granite tiles are all scratched and were not protected when delivered .
I want to return the tiles back what are my rights .

Bharti

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Was this online or in store?

Alex Watts :

Were they described as scratched please?

Customer:

Hi Alex

Alex Watts :

Customer:

It was in store and no they did not describe they were scratched and sais they were perfect tiles ,hence they were not protected on delivery

Alex Watts :

Ok - in that case the goods must be as described and of suitable quality as per the Sale of Goods Act.

Alex Watts :

As such, if not you are entitled to a 100% refund.

Alex Watts :

If they do not then you can issue a small claim

Alex Watts :

You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer:

So do we return the tiles back to the shop and ask for 100% refund even though it states on invoice administration fee of £25% will be charged

Alex Watts :

Yes.

Alex Watts :

If there are faulty they can't refuse a return or charge £25 under the Sale of Goods Act

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

if he refuses can we take the matter to the small claims court

Alex Watts :

Yes by taking the action I suggested above

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify matters?

Customer:

Alex Watts :

Yes?

Customer:

thank you so much for your help

Alex Watts :

Happy to help

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question might I invite you to rate my answer

Alex Watts :

If the system wont let you please say

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply