UKfamsol
UKfamsol, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994
40487810

My wife has been hacking into my text messages on my mobile

Customer Question

My wife has been hacking into my text messages on my mobile phone without my permission is this legal, if not can the police be called in to stop her? we have split up and said she will use the imformation in my messages to divorce me,
thanks R Holbrooke
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

It could be considered harassment, but it is too low level for the police to take any action to investigate it as a criminal offence, and you will not qualify for a non-molestation order in the family court either.

I recommend that you change your mobile number instead.

With regards to a divorce, you could just as well yourself issue a divorce petition against your wife, and cite her childish and intrusive behaviour as part of why you find it intolerable to continue to live with her. The divorce will just depend on who gets their petition into court first.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks and best wishes...

Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hi again

I see you have looked at my answer but not accepted it. Is there anything in your question you feel that I have not answered, or anything in my answer that you would like clarified?

Let me know - I'll do my best!