75100385

we purchased our council house and are in the process of replacing

we purchased our council house and are in the process of replacing the windows we have been told there is asbestos sheet under the windowsill and it will cost a lot of money to remove are we entitled to any recourse with the council

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

When did you purchase it?

Alex Watts :

Did you have a survey on the house please?

Customer:

we purchased the house 22yrs ago yes it was surveyed

Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

If there had been any liability you would have needed to bring a claim within 5 years as per the Limitation Act 1980

Alex Watts :

As this is over this time you are significantly out of time

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are after and certainly not the one I want to give you, but based on what you have said, this is the legal position

Alex Watts :