13262538

Hi. I am getting a divorce in the UK from my ex wife whom

I am getting a divorce in the UK from my ex wife whom I married abroad [Iran] in 2002. We never had a registered civil ceremony in the UK. We were married for 11 years, 5 years in the UK and 6 years in France.

My question: Given the fact that we entered matrimonial vow under Iranian law, does it not follow that the divorce too aught to be governed by the same [Iranian] law?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that under UK law if the Divorce takes place here then it is UK matrimonial law which applies - no matter where the marriage tool place
Please ask if you need further details