Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I own my property,my partner and I have been together for 2

Customer Question

I own my property,my partner and I have been together for 2 years at my address.i have been diagnosed with m.s and epilepsy for some time.if I died from accident or something else,would my girlfriend be entitled to my estate.what would I have to do to make this possible.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

If you are not married and do not have any children, your estate will just go to your closest living blood relative (i.e your next of kin).

In order to ensure your estate goes to your partner you would need to prepare a will detailing what portion of your estate you want to bequeath to her. https://www.gov.uk/make-will/overview

Can I be of any further assistance?

AJ