12826847

My sister in law was looking after her great nephew, after

Customer Question

My sister in law was looking after her great nephew, after he was voluntarily given to her by his mother. Now the social services have gone behind her back, have not done for her what they said they were going to do, and have taken him from her with him kicking and screaming and given him to his paternal grand father to foster - and he didnt even know this man! - as far as we were aware he wasnt supposed to be seen by his natural father because it caused the child too much distress and now we hear that he is the one taking him to school in the mornings! The grand father works full time, how can he be given to someone who is not there for him because he works full time? My sister in law did not work when she was told she could have him, so that she could be there for him. I dont understand how the 'social services' can get away with not even listening to the child when everytime he was asked who he wanted to live with he told everyone he wanted to be my sister in law and her partner. I dont understand how everyone is scared of dealing with the social services and their bad decisions.
How old is the child and are there ongoing Care Proceedings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is 6yrs old this month coming, and yes he has been under Hertfordshire social services for most of his life.

When was he placed with your sister in law and in what circumstances?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My sister in law to look after him every weekend, sometimes longer, from the age of 3months till now. He was placed under the social services care from a very early age (unsure why) but everytime it was time to go home he hated it and played up badly. It was then decided between her and his mother that he would stay under her care if he hated going home that much - so she signed him over to my sister in law, with the understanding that she would be the only other adult to care for him other than herself. The social services agreed to this, but that they would have to be checked out officially. His paternal grand-father and that side of the family wanted him too, all of a sudden, then he was taken from my sister in law, her partner kicking and screaming. They were accused of behaving wrongly (ie, crying and being very emotional!) and when she asked why he was being taken from her care they told her different reasons that were seeming to be excuses upon excuses (- including one about there being something in her record that said he shouldn't be there) - That was quite slanderous! None of them will give her a straight answer and they have taken him out of a loving happy environment where his behaviour was a big improvement upon that before he stayed with her ( his school has made quite a few comments upon this, his speech therapists included).

She was given access to notes been made between the social services, my great nephew himself and several other members of his family (including his mother) and they all add up to the same thing: he is happiest and safest in my sister in laws' care.

The way Hertfordshire Social services has gone about things makes everything look like a which hunt, and that they only had one intention all along : to give him to the other side of the family or get him adopted out completely to unrelated strangers. I don't understand how they can call this behaviour caring for the needs of the child.

Have Care proceedings actually been started?
How long had he lived with your sister in law and how old is she?