Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have the following clause in a mortgage offer "prior to completion

Customer Question

I have the following clause in a mortgage offer "prior to completion we require acknowledgement from a UK firm of solicitors minimum 2 partners on whom ww can serve notice on in the event of default" . Can you recommend a firm?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you please give me a little more information? (If a client is purchasing a property, a copy of their Mortgage Offer is sent to his Solicitors who are acting for him, and who in turn also act for the Mortgage Company).

AL

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The property is a buy to let.
I am resident in South Africa
Saffron building society advise this is a standard clause in all their BTL mortgage offers where the buyer is not resident in the UK
Thomas Legal Group are handling the conveyancing on my behalf but are not prepared to act in terms of this clause because of potential litigation in the event of default which they advise is not an area in which they act.
I therefore require a firm of solicitors who will accept this responsibility.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid I have nno experience in this issue, so I will opt out and allow one of my fellow experts to assist you.

Kind Regards

AL

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does this happen automatically?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

I am afraid we are not allowed to recommend specific individuals on the site. The best suggestion I can make is the following - contact the Law Society - www.lawsociety.org.uk - tell them you are looking for a residential conveyancer who is able to deal with clients that reside abroad and has experience in acting for mortgage companies as well.

The Law Society has a solicitor search function and will be able to recommend someone to you directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

AJ