Air travel

Air travel

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

I do not quite understand your question, might I ask you to be a little clearer? I am sorry

When my wife and I were abroad in early April, we asked a London-based travel agent to book our flights from London to Bangor and San Francisco for end-July. She sent us a quote and an itinerary. After some ticketing issues, we asked her to go ahead. However, by this time my wife was back in London, and booked us with another agency. We informed our agent, apologising for the inconvenience. She confirmed but then said she was liable for the fare (2,408 pounds). After consulting a colleague, she asked for copies of our new tickets. After being silent for 2 months, she is now demanding that we pay. She has not emailed us the ticket or the invoice. Are we liable?

Alex Watts : I see.
Alex Watts : do you know whether they were advance non refundable tickets or flexible ones please?

The agent says they were non-refundable, but did not send me the actual tickets.

Alex Watts : Do you know what class letter of ticket ie E or L class?

She didn't say

Alex Watts : I would ask for the class code.
Alex Watts : Then check with the airline.
Alex Watts : This information is rree
Alex Watts : This information is freely available.
Alex Watts : Then you know.
Alex Watts : Then ask for a copy of the tickets before you pay.
Alex Watts : no copy of ticket - no payment,
Alex Watts : Then if the tickets are refundable you know you do not have to pay.
Alex Watts : If they are not refundable and you have seen them, then you have to pay.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Thanks. I'll write to her and demand the tickets.

Alex Watts : Great,
Alex Watts : If this answers your question might I invite you to rate my answer.
Alex Watts : If the system won't let you please do say.
Alex Watts : If you need further help please click reply.

Sure; I'll do it straight away.

Alex Watts : thanks.
Alex Watts : Have a good one.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience