12826847

Whilst using a search engine using legal adult terms to find

Whilst using a search engine using legal adult terms to find mature woman, I saw a pic of a child! This wasnt wanted and I closed the browser. Is there any culpability?

Is there any reason you think there may be?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I certainly didn't expect a child's pic even though it was non pornographic, it worried me and I closed the browser asap I would never look for that sort of thing on the web. I used the words mature sexy woman and mature woman sex

Whatever your search was just goes to motivation.

The issue is what you found.

There is nothing unlawful in looking at the photograph of a child. It would only be unlawful if the image was an indecent one which is not what you describe here.

Even if it were though there is case law to the effect that no offence is committed if possession is accidental and not kept for an unreasonable period of time.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks, ***** ***** relieved and at no time kept that pic. Thanks again

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/