75100385

Good afternoon..we have a problem with our estate agent. We

Good afternoon..we have a problem with our estate agent. We signed an agreement with our estate agent to sell our house...The Contract period is 12 weeks which ends on 24th July 2014....The t and c's state that the agreement can be terminated by 21 days written notice, provided that the 21st day of the notice falls after the last date of the minimum period....Please can you tell us when can we send the termination notice, and what date the Contract should subsequently be cancelled.....thank you....gerry thrower

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

By my calculation you can send notice to be received on 3rd July

Alex Watts :

The contract should therefore be cancelled after 24th JUly.

Alex Watts :

But there is nothing wrong with you sending the notice NOW but to take effect on the day of the minimum period.

Alex Watts :

That way you are giving more than 21 days required notice

Alex Watts :