31090051

My ex has remarried and his new wife is expecting a baby in

My ex has remarried and his new wife is expecting a baby in September. We are currently agreeing an amendment to our maintenance agreement and have both noted that 15% of his net income will be disregarded when calculating monthly payments. However, neither of us can find any reference to when the amendment will take effect. He is suggesting the moth of birth, but I would think it is the exact date of birth. Any clues?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

This is a matter of agreement rather than a matter of law really. However you can perhaps agree that the most logical time to bring the reduction into play would be the payment next due after the month of the baby.

If for example a court or the CSA was looking at this, it's unlikely that the change would be implemented before the change of circumstances, but as I say you can agree anything you want.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.